Perry Storage Policies And Procedures
- Move-in. Rent is pro-rated through the last day of the month on move-in. A $20.00 plus tax non-refundable administration fee is also charged at the time of rental.
- Touch Pad and Gate Operation. At the time of rental, you will be provided with your own access code. Enter your access code as follows:
__ __ __ __ #
Either gate may be used to gain access into and out of the storage facility. Gate will open automatically after gate code has been properly entered, provided that ALL of User's accounts are current. When leaving facility, simply pull onto cement pad and roll forward slowly until gate opens.
- Lock for Unit Door. You must provide your own lock for your unit door. If you do not have a lock, one can be purchased at our facility or you may purchase a lock elsewhere. To open unit door, gently step down on handle at bottom of door, slide top part of lever to the left and then lift door. To lock unit, pull door completely down, gently step down on handle at bottom of door and slide top part of lever to the right. Then place your lock through either opening. Unless you slide the top part of the lever to the right, your until will not be locked. Management may assume that you have vacated your unit if the unit is not locked.
- Month-to-month Rental. After pro-ration of first month’s rent, rent is due on the 1st of each month on a month-to-month basis. Monthly rental is from the first day of the month through the last day of the month. Access to unit/lot may be denied by management if there are any unpaid amounts for all unit(s)/lot(s) rented by the User on due date.
- Move-out. MOVE-OUT MUST TAKE PLACE BY NO LATER THAN THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH. There is NO grace period on move-out. Rent and other fees (if any) will continue to be charged, unless unit is completely vacated and lock has been removed from unit door. If renting an outside lot, renter must notify Management when lot is no longer needed, as Management will not assume that lot has been vacated by renter simply because the lot is unoccupied. Rent is not pro-rated on move-out. No refund will be given on pre-paid rent. All rent, late fees, taxes and other charges, if any, must be paid in full prior to move-out or access to unit/lot may be denied. Unit must be left in undamaged, broom clean condition. No personal property or trash of any kind is to be abandoned either inside or outside such unit or elsewhere on the premises or a minimum $30.00 plus tax cleaning fee will be charged.
- Late Fees. On the 6th day of the month, if rent has not been received by management for such month, a late fee in the amount of $10.00 plus tax will be charged on each unpaid unit/lot.
- Payment in Full is Required. NO PARTIAL PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Upon non-payment of rent, taxes, late fees and other charges owed, if any, access to unit/lot will be denied and management may begin auction preparation (cut lock, inventory unit/lot, send notice of denial of access to delinquent account holder by regular U.S. Mail with certificate of mailing, place auction ad, etc.) Management has a lien on stored goods for payment of fees due immediately upon default and may sell same with proper notice.
- Address Change. It is the renter’s responsibility to report any change of address in writing to management.
- Insurance on Stored Property. Management carries no insurance covering renter’s stored property and assumes no liability should renter’s stored property become damaged or stolen. It is recommended that renter maintain renter’s insurance on his/her stored property.
- Returned Check. A $35.00 plus tax fee will be charged by management should a check be returned for insufficient funds or be refused by any bank for whatever reason.
- Methods of Payment Accepted. Management will accept payment in the form of cash, check, money order, certified bank check, or credit/debit card. If interested, a monthly debit of your credit or debit card account can be arranged - - see Management for details. Credit or debit card payments may also be made in person or over the telephone during office hours only. You may pay ANYTIME using your credit/debit card on our website https://perrystorageohio.com Pay Online Tab https://customer.ministoragepayments.com/Login.aspx?9009. Log in using the email address you provided to us and your 4-digit gate code (See Paragraph 2 above- omit any special characters). Payments made on our website must be processed on or before the 5th of the month such payment is due or a late fee will be charged. Payments made on our website will be credited to customer's account on the same day, if our office is open at the time such payment is processed. If a payment is made on our website during a time when the office is closed, such payment will be credited to customer's account when the officer re-opens. In the event that your unit has been red locked by management due to non-payment and payment by check is received, manager’s lock will not be removed until check has cleared (approximately 7 days after check is deposited). If a check has been returned for insufficient funds or refused by any bank for whatsoever reason, payment must be made in the form of cash, money order or credit/debit card. Management reserves the right to demand cash, credit/debit card, cashier’s check or a valid money order in lieu of any check tendered.
- Payment if Office is Closed. We have a 24-hour drop-slot located on the side of our office. Payment may be left in the drop; however, payment will not be credited to customer's account until office re-opens. If you do not have a payment coupon to include with your payment, please write your unit/lot number(s) on your check or money order to ensure that your payment is applied properly. If paying by cash, please insert into sealed envelope and write your name and unit/lot number on the outside of the envelope. Any payment found in the drop on the 6th of the month or after must include applicable late fee and tax for each unit/lot (See Paragraph 6 above). Please also remember that payments can be made on our website (https://perrystorageohio.com) at any time.
- Account Information. Information about your account will only be given to you or another individual who has also signed the original lease agreement. Gate code information will only be shared with you or an individual authorized by you or another signor on the original lease agreement.
- Use of Unit/Lot/Storage Facility. Storage units are to be used to store personal property and may not be used as a residence/habitat or workshop. No use of extension cords, socket adapters, and/or electrical devices are permitted inside units or buildings. Light bulbs may not be removed unless to replace with new bulb. Use of electrical outlets on outside of buildings will only be permitted when user is present and such usage must be outside of unit or building. Under no circumstances are electrical devices permitted to be used inside units or buildings, including but not limited to fans, heaters, refrigerators, freezers, etc. Each lot is to be used to store one operating vehicle, boat, RV, trailer or other recreational vehicle and may not be used to store non-titled personal property. No towed-in vehicles will be permitted. Customer may enter storage facility to place items in or remove items from the storage unit(s)/lot(s) which are rented by such customer. Customers are not permitted to loiter within the storage facility.
- Storage of Motor Vehicle/Watercraft/Other Titled Property. If a motor vehicle, watercraft or other titled property is being stored, customer must provide a copy of the title and/or registration for such titled property at the time of rental to verify ownership of such property. Customer must also provide the name(s) of any and all lien holder(s) with regard to such property to be stored. Upon default, the owner shall have the motor vehicle or watercraft towed from the premises if any of the following circumstances applies: (a) After notification to all persons holding a lien on such motor vehicle or watercraft, and thirty days have elapsed since the notice was delivered or sent without a response from any of those persons; (b) rent and other charges related to the property remain unpaid or unsatisfied by the occupant for sixty days, and no lien holders have been identified; (c) the owner is planning to hold a sale at auction of the personal property that was stored in the self-service storage unit with that motor vehicle or watercraft, in which case, the motor vehicle or watercraft shall be towed prior to the auction. The owner shall not be liable for the motor vehicle or watercraft or any damages to the motor vehicle or watercraft once the tower takes possession of the property.